You will need: A paper square and colouring pencils/markers or crayons.
3. Fold the left and right corners inwards, turn over and repeat this on the other side.
4. Lift up the top layer of paper, pull it backwards and flatten to form a diamond shape. Then turn over and repeat on the other side.
5. Fold up the bottom flaps at a slight angle then unfold. Lift the right hand side of the diamond and fold the flap back on itself, along the same lines. Repeat on the left hand side.
8. Unfold the puffin, then fold the wing back on itself part way up. Further down the wing fold the flap downwards. Take the very bottom of the wing and fold it upwards. Then fold the feet in on themselves.
10. Lift the puffin up and fold the points of its feet under. Put it down, balancing it on its feet and tail. Your puffin is now complete! Colour it in using black, yellow and orange and give your puffin a name. We haven't chosen one for our new friend yet - what do you think he should be called?
Maria is our origami ninja and she followed these carefully inked instructions. Yes, we know you'll need your binoculars to read these but follow the link and you'll find yourself in a paper aviary of folded fowls! Origami birds
Tweet your pictures to @puffinbooks